Monday, January 03, 2011Mpower Public Workshop
Want to implement green changes, but are struggling with next steps?
Ready to learn from successful, sustainable businesses?
Mpower ChaMpions Business Program may be for you.
Tuesday, January 11th, 2011
7:30 am — 9:30 am
Goodman Atwood Community Center, 149 Waubesa Street, Madison
• Welcome by Mayor Dave Cieslewicz, one of the first mayors in America to sign on to the U.S. Mayors Climate Protection Agreement to reduce Madison's greenhouse gas emissions.
• Update on Madison's new Sustainability Plan Draft by Sherrie Gruder, UW-Extension/ SHWEC and Chair of Madison Sustainable Design & Energy Committee.
• Mpower ChaMpion Panel sharing first-hand results of 2010 Mpower Champions that are collectively saving $300,000 and reducing their CO2 emissions by 10 million lbs annually: Union Cab Coop of Madison, Palmer Johnson Power Systems, Monsanto Company - Agracetus Campus, Mental Health Center of Dane County, Lakeview Veterinary Clinic, Insty Prints on the Square, Covance, and Associated Housewrights.
• Resources to Mpower You, learn about participating in Mpower Champions 2011, free resources from Focus On Energy, Rideshare etc., EnAct and more.
• Know your Opportunities, receive an estimated carbon footprint calculation for your company.
This event is free and includes fair trade coffee and tea, and a light morning snack, but registration is required.